Thursday, August 30, 2012

Even vegan bloggers falter

In case you've noticed, it's been awhile since my last post.  I didn't set out to take the summer off, but through travel and competing priorities, that's what's happened.

I started out the summer as committed as could be.  Then I went to Sweden.  And South Carolina.  And somehow, through all the travel and the stresses that come with it, I faltered.  I took my eye off the ball.  I decided the world wouldn't stop revolving if I had some cheese.  And then after having cheese, I thought maybe ice cream wouldn't be so bad.  Before I knew it, I was eating as a vegetarian, not the vegan that I thought I had become.  It was oh-so-easy to fall off the wagon, and, since I'm the only vegan I know, no one else cared.

But my allergies came back.  And so did my sense that I wasn't living consistent with my values.  And that ultimately feels much worse than turning down that frozen yogurt, delicious as it may be.  So I'm recommitted.  I'm going to focus on those delicious vegan cookbooks in the store, and cooking my way through the 15,000 vegan recipes on vegweb.com.  And serving as a role model for my son.  

Nothing is more delicious than that.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific attitude! Yes, it's easy to fall off the wagon, but the important thing is hopping back on!

    ReplyDelete