Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Operation Buff Bonnie

Since I've gone vegan, I've actually GAINED weight.  This is an experience that seems to be unusual among new vegans who usually lose weight, so I've been asking myself how this could be.  And I have an answer.  There are so many new, processed foods at places like Whole Foods that label themselves "vegan" and I have to try them.  Vegan cookies.  Vegan chips.  Even some of my own recipes that I've fallen in love with contain lots of fats.  I tell myself they're good fats - I pile on the avocado and nuts.  With everything I've read, I know how healthy they are for me.  For the first time in my life, I can eat as much as I want of everything as long as it's vegan, right?


Um, apparently that's wrong.  I know I'm in an evolution.  I went vegan, I generally know which foods contain animal products and which don't.  I know what ingredients are good for my body and which aren't.  But I haven't gotten portioning down at all.  So that's my next project.  If I want to be the picture of health and an inspiration to those who might want to consider dipping a toe into veganism, than I need to make my outside match what I feel on the inside.


So today starts Operation Buff Bonnie.  Lots of exercise and calorie counting.  I know it's not fun or sexy, but I will be, once I feel good in a bikini.  Wish me luck.   

No comments:

Post a Comment